Drilling Engineer – Senior
Jobref. id AGR021
AGR is the largest provider of innovative drilling solutions and upstream services. Its multi-national workforce comprises energetic, intelligent and thoughtful people with the ability to seamlessly manage the entire upstream field cycle.
AGR is expanding its Well Management division in Aberdeen and is seeking the highest calibre of Senior Drilling Engineers to join and enhance one of the leading providers of Well Management solutions to the oil and gas industry.
The Senior Drilling Engineer will provide technical, operational and commercial expertise in the preparation for, execution of and reporting on well operations under the direction of the Well Team Leader or Drilling Superintendent, as appropriate. To undertake well engineering studies under the direction of the Well team Leader or Operations Manager. To deputise for the Well Team Leader and/or Drilling Superintendent as necessary.
- Protection of the environment, individual health and safety in accordance with governing AGR policies and standards
- Adherence to AGR Technical Procedures governing the well delivery process
- Preparation of technical and commercial sections of ITTs and analysis of returned bids for the selection of drilling rigs and third party services
- Well design including casing, directional, fluids, cementing, bits and hydraulics programming
- Preparation of well construction programmes
- Liaison with key third party contractors regarding equipment selection and operation for input to well designs and programmes
- Preparation of data for statutory submissions to regulatory authorities
- Preparation of and participation in risk assessment, hazard analysis and DWOP processes
- Preparation and processing of probabilistic models for well engineering projects
- Preparation of AFEs
- Operational support including preparation of load out lists, daily cost tracking, supplementary programme preparation and reporting
- Participation in emergency response
- Occasional offshore assignment on AGR operated rigs to assist the AGR Drilling Supervisor on specific technical sections of the well construction programme
- Supervision and management of junior engineers
- Technical and commercial sections to ITTs.
- University degree in Petroleum Engineering
Job specific requirements
- Proven track record in Drilling Engineering on and offshore
- Sound understanding in drilling engineering and mechanics
- Ability to focus on objectives and communicate effectively
- Fluent command of the English language.
Contact HR Aberdeen team at +44 (0)1224 629000< Go back