Rig Team Leader - UK and West Africa
Jobref. id AGR073
Aberdeen or Guildford
The Rig Team Leader will be overall responsible for establishing and running the Rig Team in the UK. This includes leading a team consisting of a Contracts person position, Technical rig support and technical support to Operators to find suitable rig capacity. These other positions will be part time positions but available as required. Extensive cooperation and dialogue with Operators to understand their needs for rig slots and type of rig. Similarly, have a continued updated overview of rig availability in the market. Develop a transparent process from initiation until contract signature between AGR and the Operators, including Mandate Agreements, commitments and compensation models for different phases.
The Rig team Leader leads the Rig Team in AGR (Petroleum Services) UK/WA, responsible for creating & securing Rig Consortiums/Rig Campaigns to include sublet slots for Clients and Well Management opportunities for AGR PS Well Management. The Rig Team Leader will stay in frequent contact with the representative(s) of the Operators and ensure that they are correctly informed and updated regarding the process for getting access to rig slots. Similarly, regular contact with Drilling contractors for updated rig availability and market understanding is required, as well as rig contractors’ strategy and preference for contract duration. Using the internal AGR organisation to understand market opportunities towards different operators will be an important source of market and operator intelligence.
The Rig Team Leader will be able to see and understand the operator needs and requirements and respond to these with the right forward plan for meeting their slot requirements. You will identify and realize business potential in the different phases of getting access to a rig.
The Rig team Leader is well acquainted with the relevant national and international regulations in respect to Contracts and Rig requirements
The Rig Team Leader will work with his team to;
- Develop and maintain a systematic approach and a transparent agreement and contract proposal towards the operators
- Develop transparent compensation models for securing Rig slots for clients
- Develop a clear and consistent communication of Rig Management set up and benefits for AGR PS UK/WA line managers and personnel and towards clients
- Understand what type of rig will benefit the operators based on the technical requirements for each wellUnderstand when to initiate a more focused effort towards securing a rig in the market place. From this time the whole Rig Team will focus 100% on securing Rig & Client Contracts.
- Degree level technical or commercial education.
- Minimum 10 years experience from the oil and gas industry, preferably Operator or Drilling Contractor background
- Proven Leadership experience
- Proven track record of high performance
- Results driven, energetic and efficient
- Fluent verbal and written English
A strong business understanding and ability to see business opportunities
You are an experienced leader and have a strong focus on team work.
You are a strategic and dynamic problem solver, focusing on opportunities in the market place
You have strong communication skills in order to understand clients and rig contractor needs and market intelligence
You have the ability to develop a strategy and implement a plan to close rig deals in the market place
You are well known, have a broad contact network and have an extensive experience within drilling and rig market
Job specific requirements
Sales: Strong ability to challenge the status quo and drive a team with the ability to; Respond to client needs, Develop, sell, close agreements, follow a plan and close deals
Problem Solving: Apply a logical and analytical approach to address problems and/or opportunities
Professionalism: Ensure actions and behaviors reflect a professional image with clients, co-workers and drilling contractors
Communication: Communicate and liaise with others to effectively convey information and knowledge
Innovation: challenge existing methods of thinking to see opportunities, improve processes, systems and services
Ability to perform under pressure and to deadlines
Contact information< Go back