Jobref. id AGR138
Are you passionate about Accounts?
Global service company AGR delivers well construction and engineering project management, HSEQ, reservoir and facilities engineering solutions to the upstream oil and gas industry. AGR also offers rig access management, consultancy manpower, software technologies and tailored training.
Join our dynamic team in Aberdeen. You will be responsible for of all aspects of the purchase/sales ledger; conduct the timely processing of invoices and the re-charging of costs to the relevant Clients. You will report to Management Accountant.
Purchase/Sales Ledger :
Working Capital Mgt
- Maintenance of business units financial records – primary all aspects of the Purchase/Sales ledgers in line with company processes and procedures;
- Transaction processing ensuring that presented details are in accordance with vendor/client contract;
- Target a quick turnaround from Purchase to Sale keeping the recharge account to a minimum
- Maintenance of all aspects of the business unit’s time-writing process;
- Process purchase invoices – to include reviewing purchase orders, coding, posting and obtaining authorisation in accordance with company procedures
- Process expense reports – to include coding, posting and obtaining authorisation in accordance with company procedures
- Raise sales invoices – to include reviewing client contracts/CO/SO to ensure the validity of the final sales invoice that is ready for approval
- Monthly reconciliation of recharge account and employee accounts
- Ensure all relevant administration tasks are kept up to date
- Multi-currency transactions
- Understanding & liaising (where necessary) with Management on outstanding debts to assist in resolution of any issues or disputes.
- Minimising working capital requirements from the business unit via adopting efficient processes, delivering accurate outputs and minimising accrued revenue
- Assist in interim and year end audits & the meeting of relevant Statutory reporting requirements
- Actively promote the integration, implementation and standardisation of systems, procedures & controls across AGR companies. Continually work to develop good working practices and knowledge share where appropriate.
- Ensuring personal and career development plans are met by yourself through developing and maintaining a culture of growth and development (implementing personal KPIs in line with Group strategy)
- Work closely with Treasury team and Business Unit manager/s to meet and exceed stretch targets
- List is not exhaustive but highlights a number of the major tasks expected of the role.
Job specific requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Proficient in Microsoft Navision Accounting s/w (Nav 5), banking s/w & other Microsoft Office products
- Sound planning and administration skills. Ability to manage workload and prioritizing where necessaryBasic knowledge of statutory and financial issues
For more information, please contact:< Go back
Eilidh Gilbert, HR Business Partner
+44 1224 629 000