Jobref. id AGR145
Full time staff
AGR is a leading well design and drilling project management, HSEQ, reservoir and field management service company delivering solutions for the entire field life cycle. Our Reservoir Management team comprises over 40 professionals covering the disciplines of geophysics, geology, petrophysics, reservoir and petroleum engineering, completions and production engineering and petroleum economics.
AGR Reservoir Management in the UK have completed more than 500 reservoir studies in the last five years spanning the globe including all major basins and reservoir types and the challenging environments that come with these such as HPHT gas condensate, heavy oil reservoirs and complex fractured reservoirs.
An exciting and challenging opportunity exists for a Principal Geoscientist/geomodeller to join our team in the Aberdeen office. The primary role will focus on geological evaluations within integrated teams of subsurface professionals for in-house field development and reservoir studies. This position is responsible for Delivering technically competent analysis and advice while achieving project milestones and deliverables in accordance with the agreed project plan and budget.
Who does this role suit?
AGR people are generally individuals who would like to move from a constrained corporate environment to a role where they are given the freedom to express their ideas and develop and nurture client relationships.
- Provide geological input/models to multi-disciplinary projects, from frontier exploration through discovery appraisal to field development and production
- Generate geological concepts and analysis using appropriate, state-of-the-art techniques to provide Best In Class solutions for the client
- Presents data, geological models, and reports to clients either individually or as part of the larger project team
- Advises clients on geological/geoscience matters and provides solutions
- Manage projects
A Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree or PhD in Geology or Geoscience and 15+ years’ experience with an operator or service company in the oil and gas sector is preferred. However, exceptional candidates with less experience will be considered. Experience of project management of multidisciplinary teams is required. This skillset includes writing project scopes, managing team tasks and managing client interactions including data gathering, presentations and reporting.
Job specific requirements
- Hands on geological characterisation of reservoirs and geological concept generation along with geomodelling using Petrel
- A good grounding in some or all of the fundamental geological processes (clastic or carbonate sedimentology, structural geology, petroleum geology) is required
- Geomodelling experience should be extensive and include horizon modelling, fault framework building (new or old modules), facies modelling, petrophysical property modelling, volumetrics and upscaling. Awareness and experience of workflow generation and modification would be useful
- Ability to integrate with and understand other subsurface disciplines is essential (especially petrophysics, geophysics and reservoir engineering)
- Willingness to take on many different project types is required. These could be short evaluations of assets for sale or purchases (due diligence, CPR’s) reserves evaluations or longer projects for well planning or field development / management processes
- An element of the role would require some mentoring and peer reviewing of less experienced geoscience / geology staff
- Experience of project management of multidisciplinary teams is required. This skillset includes writing project scopes, managing team tasks and managing client interactions including data gathering, presentations and reporting.
Contact information< Go back