Senior Drilling Engineer
Jobref. id AGR153
AGR is the world’s largest independent Well Management group. Our Well Construction, Operational Project Management and Well Engineering division has a worldwide reputation for innovative, environmentally friendly and cost-efficient solutions to exploration, production and abandonment challenges.
AGR’s Australian office has managed over 60 wells in the past 15 years on behalf of our clients. Due to an increase in activity we currently have a vacancy for a Senior Drilling Engineer.
Visa sponsorship and relocation assistance will be provided.
Responsible for the specification and design of the well along with AFE cost estimates. During operations, the Engineer is responsible for the capturing and tracking data along with ensuring that the well is drilled according to the signed off Detailed Drilling Guidelines.
The Senior Drilling Engineer is also the Project Manager’s deputy when necessary.
Tertiary qualification in Engineering, Science or a Petroleum subject from a recognised University.
Extensive Oil and Gas industry experience (Minimum 10 years).
Current IWCF Subsea Supervisor and HUET certificate.
Experience with floating and bottom supported rigs and knowledge of the well design requirements for each configuration
To apply, please forward the following information:
- Current CV
- Point of Origin
- Current Certificates (as applicable e.g. HUET)
- Email addresses for two recent referees
Job specific requirements
- Preparation of technical and commercial sections of ITTs and analysis of returned bids for the selection of drilling rigs and third party services.
- Well design including casing, directional, fluids, cementing, bits and hydraulics programming.
- Preparation of well construction programmes.
- Liaison with key third party contractors regarding equipment selection and operation for input to well designs and programmes.
- Preparation of data for statutory submissions to regulatory authorities.
- Preparation of and participation in risk assessment, hazard analysis and DWOP processes.
- Preparation and processing of probabilistic models for well engineering projects.
- Preparation of AFEs and assisting Operations Accountant with cash flow prediction.
- Operational support including preparation of load out lists, supplementary programme preparation and reporting.
- Managing data generated during operations including actual vs. planned times and costs, daily drilling reports, technical reports generated by the rig.
- Management of lessons learned and incorporation of these into future drilling programmes and guidelines.
- Occasional offshore assignment on AGR operated rigs to assist the Drilling Supervisor on specific technical sections of the well construction programme.
- Supervision and management of junior engineers.
- Final Well design and time/cost estimates provided to the client are designed in accordance with the AGR Well Delivery Process.
Email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org< Go back