Jobref. id 16085
Following recent contract awards in the UK, AGR has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Drilling Engineer
to join our Aberdeen team on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will be assigned to the delivery of engineering studies or project specific design, planning and execution support. The ideal candidate will have both regional and international experience delivering a diverse range of well projects across the well lifecycle.
AGR is a leading service company providing a full range of oil and gas solutions and software technologies throughout the lifecycle of upstream assets.
AGR has managed drilling of more than 530 well projects globally in 23 countries for over 100 operators (see our reference projects here
). This has been achieved without any major Health, Safety or Environmental issues with all wells subject to planning in accordance with the relevant legislation.
You will be responsible for design, planning and execution activities associated with the successful delivery of assigned projects. This will range from bespoke client support (conceptual studies and reports) to delivery of complex well solutions.
- Delivery of the technical engineering tasks associated with the assigned well projects in accordance with AGR’s certified delivery processes
- Conceptual design and planning activities
- Project management and technical oversight of the service contractor contributions at design, programming, operations and project close out.
- Provision of operational support during the project execution phase
- Mentoring and development of less experienced engineers
- Deputise for the Well Team Leader in day to day activities as well as providing out of hours operational and ER cover as appropriate.