Lead Operator for Deepwater Offshore Drilling
Jobref. id AGR015
AGR provides innovative drilling solutions and upstream services to the oil and gas industry.
We are looking for two Lead Operators to join our Dual Gradient Drilling (DGD) project team for deepwater drilling operations in the Gulf of Mexico. Here, new technology will enable safer and more efficient drilling.
As the Lead Operator on a four person team offshore, you will be responsible for assisting with daily planning, organization of tasks, 'tool box talk', detailing the job, managing issues as they arise, planning maintenance, organising spares etc.
Duties will include monitoring the operation, combining time in the control room with the ability to work with the equipment, hands-on when needed, stock control, cleanliness of the equipment, fixing/replacing broken items, safe storage and fluid leakage prevention, and HSSE reporting.
Your initial work prior to mobilisation offshore in early 2012 will include planning, procedure writing, assisting with the establishment of inventory (spares and components), establishing the equipment maintenance system, and attending extensive training, both for safety and technical knowledge. Orientation will include factory acceptance and site testing of the equipment in readiness for deployment, all of which is based in and around the Houston area.
- Advanced skills in either electrical, mechanical, or hydraulic equipment, maintenance and safe operations, and/or knowledge of control systems
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience offshore
- Good understanding of the drilling process
- A well-control certificate or willingness and ability to complete a course
- Consistent employment record
- Excellent application of all aspects of HSSE (Health, Safety, Security & Environmental
Job specific requirements
- Willingness to work 21/21 rotation
- Disciplined approach to work
- Concerned with details
- An ability to stay focused on the job
- Not afraid of a challenge
Contact information< Go back