Senior Drilling Engineer
Jobref. id AGR058
As a result of recent contract awards, AGR Dubai is looking for a Senior Drilling Engineer who would be capable of stepping up into a Well Team Leader role with in-depth knowledge of modern industry management systems, especially:
CMP – Contract Management Plan
MSID – Management Systems Interface Document
DRD – Design Rationale Document
PDDP – Pre-Drill Data Package
CTR – Cost Time Resources
A tax-free ex-pat package would be on offer for the duration of the project (at least 12 months). Regular travel to Tunis would be required.
The Sr Drilling Engineer will work in a small drilling team to perform drilling engineering studies and support operations based in Dubai
The candidate will be responsible for ensuring safe well design and execution of all operational procedures in accordance with accepted industry standards as well as the companies Drilling and HSE policies and procedures.
- Engineering Degree with minimum 10 years of relevant experience in Well Construction
- Preferred having worked with an International Operator
- Cultural Awareness and ability to work in multinational teams
- Clearly exhibited ability to develop good working relationships with teams and support staff
- English language skills required to work effectively within a project team, and to communicate with Management, Contractors and Sub-contractors
Job specific requirements
- A thorough understanding of the issues associated with exploration well design and operations
- A detailed working knowledge of current rig and and state of the art technologies and equipment being used to drill these type of wells
- Knowledge to adjust designs to cope with H2S and CO2
- An in-depth understanding of offshore fracture gradient issues.
- Ability to to carry out detailed casing design for both drilling and production load cases utilizing WellCat
- An in-depth knowledge of and network in the contractor and vendor industry serving the drilling and well segment of the industry
- Able to generate and provide/ probabilistic risk based well-cost estimates for both exploration and development scenarios
- Experience in well testing equipment and procedures
- Experience in completions equipment and procedures
- Able to prepare appropriate well construction contract strategies and follow through with the tendering and evaluation of drilling, well testing equipment and services as well as logistics support services
- Experience in identifying, assessing and mitigating risks associated with offshore drilling operations
- Strong and positive attitude towards HSE and risk mitigation
- Ability to operationally direct Rigs.
Contact information< Go back