Well Team Leader
Jobref. id AGR059
The Applicant will work in a large drilling team (8-10 Offshore Rigs) to perform drilling engineering studies, give advice and support operations based in Abu Dhabi / UAE.
The candidate will be responsible for ensuring safe well design and execution of all operational procedures in accordance with accepted industry standards as well as the companies Drilling and HSE policies and procedures.
Further, the applicant will advise the Client in every aspect related to Drilling and Completion Procedures. Industry Standard “ways of doing” and might be also required to run Operations.
- A thorough understanding of the issues associated with Exploration / Development well design and operations.
- A detailed working knowledge of current rig and and state of the art technologies and equipment being used to drill these type of wells.
- Knowledge to adjust designs to cope with H2S and CO2 as well as High Temperature Environments.
- Ability to to carry out detailed casing design for both drilling and production load cases utilizing standard Design Software.
- An in-depth knowledge of and network in the contractor and vendor industry serving the drilling and well segment of the industry.
- Able to generate and provide/ probabilistic risk based well-cost estimates for both exploration and development scenarios.
- Experience in completions equipment and procedures.
- Ability to prepare and evaluate state of the Art Tender Documents.
- Able to prepare appropriate well construction contract strategies and follow through with the tendering and evaluation of drilling services as well as logistics support services.
- Experience in identifying, assessing and mitigating risks associated with offshore drilling operations.
- Strong and positive attitude towards HSE and risk mitigation.
- Ability to direct and operate Offshore Rigs.
- Engineering Degree with minimum 10 years of relevant experience in Well Construction.
- Preferred having worked with an International Operator.
- Cultural Awareness and ability to work in multinational teams. Note: the environment is not very Western and dominated by Middle East Cultures: Awareness about this is absolutely required.
- Clearly exhibited ability to develop good working relationships with teams and support staff.
- English language skills required to work effectively within a project team, and to communicate with Management, Contractors and Sub-contractors.
- Arab language would be of advantage.
- Some travelling is required. Managed time of outside the country has to be expected.
Job specific requirements
Contact information< Go back