Jobref. id AGR075
Job Role Summary
Market and Environment
- Carry out geoscience project work to a high technical and quality standard.
- To participate in integrated project teams
- Interact with client during project work and present results at client meetings
- Understanding who our clients are (Oil and Gas Industry, AGR Group) and their key drivers and how we as consultants can support/add value
- Overview of upstream and downstream activities, understanding discipline overlaps within each, and understanding differences in approach.
- Discipline related understanding of what is “state of the art” or specific area of focus in the industry.
- Petroleum systems analysis including play fairway mapping and prospect generation
- Understanding depositional processes and facies distributions in a variety of settings
- Development and production geology evaluation in a variety of depositional systems
- Reservoir characterisation for input into reservoir models
- Integration of geological data with seismic interpretation, petrophysics and dynamic data
- 2D and 3D reservoir modeling including deterministic and stochastic geocellular modeling techniques
- Quantification of reservoir risk and uncertainty and integration with volumetric calculations
- Decision and risk analysis
- Proven reasoning ability based on technical fundamentals
- Demonstrated full capability on industry standard software within own discipline and able to implement new technology in studies
- Stay abreast of new technology in their functional area, demonstrate creativity in modifying techniques, procedures
- Ability to QC raw data that results in complete and competent conclusions and recommendations
- Understand cost implications of work and advise project manager on time required
- A full understanding of the key drivers of reservoir management and operations.
- Fully conversant with capabilities in other disciplines (e.g.. Reservoir and Petroleum Engineering) able to contribute actively to integrated studies
- Solve routine problems recognising different approaches and solve difficult problems with assistance from more senior staff
- Full awareness of how their work may impact financial results of client assets by learning business processes (RFS’s, AFE's, PO's, budget, etc.).
- Fully consider the practice of internal QA/QC process, and ability to provide input to improvement of the process; sets example to others in practice of the processes and ensures that the process is auditable at the conclusion of the project.
- Full awareness of and participation in the various administrative procedures for time-writing, and understanding of other systems within the Company e.g. client contacts and project management, and contributing as appropriate.
- Contribute to the preparation of proposals for new work and increasingly engaged in development of new business
- Awareness of profitability of a project for the clients and take appropriate measures to ensure that the work is performed to expectation of the clients
- Engage readily with clients and represent company on client matters and at industry meetings
Experience & Interactions
Industry and Function
- Work independently, with minimal supervisory guidance. Take responsibility for professional development
- Demonstrated ability to compose written documents and presentations suitable for inclusion in client meetings and final reports.
What are the previous industry experiences necessary to be successful in this role?
- 10 to 12 years (depending on degree level) of discipline related work in a consultancy, service company or an operator which has application in the petroleum industry.
- A substantial part of this experience should be conceptual/non-operational, (e.g. solution proposal, field development planning etc).
- At least half should be team based.
- Some experience related to cost/benefit estimates, achievability, practicality, economical impact.
- Client contact is a key aspect of the role. Definition of project objectives, scope and deliverables must be continuously and closely monitored to ensure that a common understanding is maintained. Regular contact by phone and, in particular, by face-to-face contact is a necessary requirement of all project work.
- Internally, key relationships with technical staff in Aberdeen are required to ensure best practice is maintained
- Very good practical experience of one or both of the following Petro-technical software applications:
- IRAP RMS
Job specific requirements
Desirable Attributes for this Role
- Drilling operations
- Asset evaluation
- Ability to lead project teams and manage project budgets
- Willingness and ability to mentor more junior geoscientists.
- Project scoping and business development.
Contact information< Go back