Rig Team Leader Norway
Jobref. id AGR100
Oslo or Stavanger
Full time staff
AGR is one of the first well management companies in Norway. Since 2003, the team has drilled more than 65 wells and has managed the Bredford and Borgland Dolphin drilling consortiums. We are currently looking for the Rig Team Leader who will overall be responsible for establishing and running the Rig Team in Norway. The Rig Team Leader will report to EVP AGR Norway and Russia, and can be placed in either Oslo or Stavanger.
The Rig Team Leader will be overall responsible for establishing and running the Rig Team in Norway. This includes leading a team consisting of a Contracts person position, Technical rig support and technical support to operators to find the suitable rig. These other positions will be part time positions but available as required. Extensive cooperation and dialogue with operators to understand their needs for rig slots and type of rig. Similarly, have a continued updated overview of rig availability in the market. Develop a transparent process from initiation until Rig signature between AGR and the operators, including Mandate Agreements, commitments and compensation models for different phases.
The Rig team Leader leads the Rig Team in the Norwegian Petroleum Services division of AGR, is responsible for securing Rig Consortiums/Rig Campaigns and Sublet slots for Clients and Well Management opportunities for AGR PS Well Management.
The Rig Team Leader will stay in frequent contact with the representative(s) of the Operators and ensure that they are correctly informed and updated regarding the process for getting access to rig slots. Similarly, regular contact with Drilling contractors for updated rig availability and market understanding is required, as well as rig contractors strategy and requirements for contract duration.
Using the internal AGR organization to understand market opportunities towards different operators will be an important source of market and operator intelligence.
The Rig team Leader will be able to see and understand the operator needs and requirements and respond to these with the right forward plan for meeting their slot requirements. You will identify and realize business potential in the different phases of getting access to a rig.
The Rig team Leader is well acquainted with the relevant national and international regulations in respect to Contracts and Rig requirements.
The Rig Team Leader will work with his team to;
- Develop and maintain a systematic approach and a transparent agreement and contract proposal towards the operators
- Develop transparent compensation models for securing Rig slots for clients, including a price structure for clients wanting full or partly Well management support and Clients wanting only a rig slot
- Develop a clear and consistent communication of Rig Management set up and benefits for AGR PS Norway line managers and personnel and towards clients
- Understanding what type of rig that will benefit the operators based on the technical requirements for each well
- Understand when to initiate a more focused effort towards securing a rig in the market place. From this time the whole Rig Team will focus 100% on securing a Rig Contract.
- Master level technical or commercial education.
- Minimum 10 years experience from the oil and gas industry, preferably Operator experience or alternative a Rig Contractor background
- Proven Leadership experience
- Proven track record of high performance
- Results driven, energetic and efficient
- Fluent verbal and written English and Norwegian
- A strong business understanding and ability to see business opportunities
Job specific requirements
- You are an experienced leader and have a strong focus on team work
- You are a strategic and dynamic problem solver, focusing on opportunities in the market place
- You have strong communication skills in order to understand clients and rig contractor needs and market intelligence
- You have the ability to develop a Rig Strategy and implement a plan to close rig deals in the market place
- You are well known, have a broad contact network and have an extensive experience within drilling and rig market
- Sales: Strong ability to challenge the status quo and drive a team with the ability to; Respond to client needs, Develop, sell, close agreements, follow a plan and close Rig Deals Problem Solving: Apply a logical and analytical approach to address problems and/or opportunities
- Professionalism: Ensure actions and behaviors reflect a professional image with clients, co-workers and rig contractors
- Communication: Communicate and liaise with others written and oral to effectively convey information and knowledge
- Innovation: challenge existing methods of thinking to see opportunities, improve processes, systems and services
- Ability to perform under pressure and to deadlines
EVP Norway and Russia, Norway Leadership Team, Key Well Management team personnel, CFO, Own team consisting of Norway Contracts Manager and technical personnel, Other key management and technical personnel in AGR with market intelligence, Other personnel in other AGR regions (Rig Team Leader UK, BD managers and line managers in other AGR regions), Key Client contacts (Asset, Drilling Managers and key technical personnel and Contracts Managers/personnel), Rig Contactor managers and Business Development Personnel, Personnel/companies with Rig Market intelligence
Birgitte Rønneberg Opdal, VP HR, +47 24 06 10 25< Go back
Sjur Talstad, EVP Norway and Russia, +47 90 59 98 91