Senior Drilling Engineer
Jobref. id AGR131
We have drilled in every possible environment from exploration through appraisal to development and production. Come and join our successful team!
Oslo Stock Exchange listed AGR delivers well, HSEQ, reservoir and field management services to the upstream oil and gas industry. It also provides tailored training and software solutions.
AGR operates in all regional main oil hubs around the world. Since 2000, AGR has drilled more than 500 wells for 106 clients in 25 locations globally.
We are expanding our Well Management division in Stavanger. The multinational team acts as one of the main hubs for the company’s Norway operations and comprises energetic, intelligent and thoughtful people.
We are looking for a Senior Drilling Engineer of highest caliber to join our integrated operational staff team. Your main responsibilities will be to provide technical expertise in the preparation for, execution of and reporting on well operations under the direction of the Senior Drilling Engineer or Drilling Superintendent, as appropriate. You are also expected to undertake well engineering studies under the direction of the Well team Leader or Operations Manager.
- compile an updated well program and associated documentation and review any proposed changes during operations
- prepare input to the AFE
- ensure well program is made according to governing documentation, authorities requirements and company’s goals
- specification and optimization of services and equipment
- participate during the daily morning call to be able to monitor the operations and report on operational and technical performance
- provide technical support and troubleshooting during operation
- assist in rig intake audit, preparation of scope of work through to completion of final audit report
- update the Drilling Management documentation based on practical experiences
- compile the final well report based on systematic monitoring of the operations
- preparation of detailed activity programs to assist personnel offshore during operations
- QA of drilling equipment, experience transfer and daily drilling reports
- evaluation and handling of non-conformances
- drilling input to application for consent
- assist in application for discharge permit
- supervising the engineers and service company’s coordinators in the project
Minimum: Bachelors Degree in Engineering
Job specific requirements
Minimum 6 years industry experience with minimum 3 years experience working with an operator.
For further questions, please contact< Go back
VP Well Management, Steinar Berg on +47 959 21 975 or Superintendent Michael Simpson +47 48 09 98 41.