Jobref. id AGR154
AGR Software is a department within AGR developing industry leading software solutions for the oil and gas industry, mainly drilling and wells departments. AGR is an independent consultancy delivering well engineering and reservoir management as well as technical manpower and software solutions to the entire upstream life cycle. The company has managed over 500 well projects in six continents and delivered more than 1,500 reservoir studies and asset evaluations in all global hydrocarbon basins. The recent acquisition of AGR by Akastor (a subsidiary of Aker) brings further strength and depth to AGR’s capability and network.
Our cloud based iQx platform includes the following products:
– Probabilistic Time and Cost Estimation
– Actual Time and Cost Tracking
– Lessons Learned tracking
– Collaboration for development of Drilling Program, Well montage and End of Well Report
– Offset Analysis tool for displaying and comparing well design, time and cost from historic wells
This full-time position reports to Vice President for the AGR Software business unit and is a proactive and strategic contributor to delivering software support within drilling and well engineering to the company’s global client portfolio.
As a Senior Drilling Engineer
, you will work with our experienced team of engineers and software developers for external clients as well as internal clients within the AGR organization globally. Selected candidate will be part of an expanding team and will play a key role in contributing to the company’s future growth.
In addition to developing and maintaining the software suite, the Software team also assists with data import, training and efficient software implementation with the clients.
It is expected that the selected candidate will conduct various kinds of engineering work within the drilling & wells domain. The candidate should be interested in expanding the horizon outside of operational well follow-up, but at the same time have great benefit of working with this in the past. Technical engineering work combined with computer science and business development are expected to be key parts of the candidate’s workday.
Based on the last few years’ experience, some examples of the types of projects to be delivered are:
- Working closely with the software development team for further developing the software suite. The candidate will have a pivotal role in this developing, having substantial domain expertise.
- Being main point of contact for client companies in Oslo and potentially elsewhere
- Being project manager for development projects being done on behalf of clients.
- Conduct engineering studies in AGR’s own software portfolio or and/or using other software products
- Assisting AGR Reservoir Management department with completing cross-department studies
- Follow up well planning / progress on behalf of partners
- Preparation of tender documentation and commercial offers