Jobref. id AGR161
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced finance professional to lead our finance function in the region, provide financial management & support and provide direction to the management within the UK region and CFO (based in Norway).
Who we are?
AGR is a leading Well Management company in the UK delivering solutions for the life of field. AGR also provides software solutions and consultancy solutions for its clients globally.
AGR has managed more than 530 well projects globally in 23 countries for over 100 operators (https://www.agr.com/reference projects
). This has been achieved without any major Health, Safety or Environmental issues with all wells subject to planning in accordance with the relevant legislation.
We operate globally from 6 offices retaining the best people in the industry.
We appoint staff purely on merit. Our policy is to treat employees fairly, providing them with equal opportunities and encouraging them to rise to their full potential. We regard recruiting, training and retraining the best people as fundamental.
You will be responsible for running the Finance function for AGR’s companies in the UK and its international branches ensuring compliance with both internal and external governance requirements and obligations. In addition, you will be an important contributor to the rest of the UK management group.
The Finance department in the UK consists of 4 finance personnel in total.
- Assist the COO in developing Business strategy involving the production of budgets, business plans, and projections in conjunction with Business Unit Managers and Function Heads
- Regional accounting and consolidation and monthly reporting of financials to UK management and AGR Group
- Overall Audit responsibility for the region ensuring AGR meets statutory reporting standards in line with UK GAAP
- Providing the necessary resources (e.g. make sure the region has efficient finance systems) to enable the Finance function to operate effectively
- Regional Cash Management function
- Ensuring that Tax obligations are recognized and followed up in line with applicable rules and regulations both locally and within new countries as demand requires
- Provision of management accounts and management information to assist the UK management team in making improved decisions in the commercial planning and operational phases of AGR’s service offering
- Commercial involvement in tendering processes and general review of financial aspects of operations
- Managing overseas entities and related compliance
- Managing the region’s Insurance requirements and statutory legal responsibilities
- Work closely with the rest of the management to meet and exceed targets
- Provision of quality outsourced full accounting support to TRACS International under a Service Agreement – incorporating Treasury, Fiscal and Statutory duties