AGR were contracted by Kinsale Energy to provide full Well Project Management
services for an exploration well to be drilled in the Celtic Sea, offshore Ireland.
This would be the first well to be drilled in Ireland under the recently updated Irish regulatory regime. The well was planned to intersect two gas targets with potential for pressure depletion. Logistical support was managed in country from a supply base in Cork, with all equipment mobilised from Aberdeen.
- A full set of detailed authority submissions were delivered in a tight time frame and consents were given
- The well was drilled in 33.7 days including rig mob/demob
- Saved 14% versus AFE despite 2.25 days additional scope
- All technical well objectives delivered
- 94% operational efficiency, only 0.52 days total NPT for the whole project
- No logistics related delays. Equipment demobilised, supply base cleared and equipment off-hire within 2 days of rig departing well location
- Delivered a full set of service contracts that Kinsale Energy can use for future well operations.