AGR Well Management
was contracted to deliver a deep water exploration well in the Eastern Mediterranean. All geological targets were successfully penetrated and the well reached a total depth of 5,670 m, where a successful logging programme was performed.
- First well drilled by AGR in the region
- First well drilled by the operator
- Risk of overpressure
- Geological uncertainty
- Very limited offset well information
- Drilling in a water depth of 1,707 m
- Evolving regulatory systems
- Extensive environmental sampling requirements during well operations
- Logistics challenges
Following the successful mobilisation of the Noble Homer Ferrington and the conclusion of pre-spud operations, the well reached TD in 53 days.
All well objectives were achieved and all environmental regulation requirements were met.
Total well operations were completed in 83.42 days which is the best in-class well drilled when compared with other Eastern Mediterranean wells in >1500m water depth.
This performance delivered an $8.3 million saving to the client compared to AFE.
The new well design approach, the high level of upfront planning and focused operational execution combined to deliver a class leading performance.