AGR is in the running for this prestigious industry award in the category of “P&A Pioneer,” which celebrates operational and technical excellence within decommissioning and abandonment.
The winners will be announced during the dinner held as part of the annual Decommissioning and Abandonment Summit
hosted by the DecomWorld intelligence company in Houston on February 23rd.
AGR is being recognised for its planning and execution project management of the permanent well abandonment campaign of two production subsea wells and five suspended subsea wells in the Puffin Field, in the Southern Timor Sea.
AGR’s scope covered:
- Concept development
- Regulatory approvals
- Technical management
- Procedure development
- Equipment preparation
- Rig and 3rd party contracts change management
- HSE and logistics for a very remote location (~4700km from the next major city and O&G hub, Perth)
Project outcomes and value added to the client:
- Planning and regulatory approval – achieved in record time
- Pre-abandonment ROV campaign - saving 11 days of rig time (~$10 million)
- Main campaign using Stena Clyde semi-sub (67 days)
- Efficient execution of the P&A of one problem well (obstruction and disintegrated tubing)
- All seven wells successfully plugged and abandoned with final cost coming in within 1% of AFE
Commenting the nomination, AGR’s CEO, Svein Sollund, said: “This is a great honour to be recognised for our expertise and skills within decommissioning. Supporting our clients within this field is a strategically important business area for us and the nomination is a great proof of the quality of the many projects we have delivered.
“To date, AGR has managed the P&A of over 200 wells from our hubs in Norway, UK and Australia, either directly following exploration and appraisal drilling or as part of specific well re-entry and decommissioning projects. Fingers crossed for the announcement of the award winners!”
Founded in 2009, DecomWorld is a leading provider of business intelligence to the global offshore decommissioning oil and gas community.
For more information about the Puffine field abandonment project, please read our case study here