AGR’s APAC team on the back of a multi-client campaign, planned, managed and successfully executed drilling, logging and P&A operations of Pryderi-1 Exploration well on behalf of CalEnergy Resources in Yampi Shelf.
The well is located offshore North Western Australia (Browse Basin) and was constructed utilising the semi-submersible Stena Clyde rig following a seven well abandonment project for another AGR client.
- Nearby offset wells had experienced total losses of mud and tight hole sections leading to failure to run wireline logs and difficulty running casing to target depths thus indicating the possibility of similar challenges for drilling Pryderi-1
- Transition of operations from a seven well abandonment campaign to the drilling of a vertical exploration well 135 nautical miles away using the same semi-submersible MODU
- Logistical challenges by utilisation of two remote onshore supply bases: Broome and Darwin – 1,870km apart and 2,230 km and 4,050 km respectively by road from the main O&G hub, Perth.
- The client was provided with invaluable data in relation to the perceived risks, potential upsides and support for critical decision making by AGR developing a probability based range of cost and time valuations of the project utilising the in-house P1™ estimation software
- A collective AGR team of experts integrated and executed multiple operations for multiple Clients and seamlessly tackled all planning, logistical and well-construction challenges faced, aiding in minimising the cost for the joint parties involved
- The Client was delivered an excellent drilling campaign by fully achieving all KPI’s in HSE and operational efficiency. Excluding tow times and port crane downtime the well was delivered within 1.6% of AFE
- AGR enabled the Client to drill its first well offshore Australia without the need to have a well engineering team of their own
- AGR’s contract negotations on behalf of the Client as an independent Well Management consultancy proved to save a significant amount in project costs
- AGR’s Well Delivery Process was used to design and drill the well as per the NOPSEMA accepted Well Operations Management Plan (WOMP)