Two market leaders merge - AGR - Upstream Services, Training & Software
AGR%20logo%20white%20text%20-%20cropped
maersk-drilling-inspirer-1-156
Drilling & Wells
bredford dolphin 1180
Decommissioning
topstrip 0014 ps forside-bilde
Reservoir
1dbdce62-2444-11e4-b51c-12313d026081-medium
AGR Consultancy
agr energy web and ppt copy2
Software
816 thumb
Facilities Solutions
agr-tracs-training3
TRACS Training
Two market leaders merge
Published 10.12.2018
We are pleased to announce that we will be strengthening our well management, subsurface and G&G offering in Norway by joining forces with the leading consultancy firm, First Geo.

clipboard03
First Geo has over the past 20 years primarily provided operatorial and wellsite geology services on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. The company has a team of over 60 professionals and is owned by Oslo Stock Exchange listed Akastor.

As part of closing of the merger, the current owner, Silverfleet and other AGR stakeholders (Nordea Bank and DNB) have entered into an agreement with Akastor to combine a new legal entity with assets from both AGR and First Geo. Akastor will hold 100% of the shares in the new company and 55% of the economic interest. The AGR stakeholders (Silverfleet, DNB and Nordea) will own the remaining 45% economic interest.

In addition, the merged company will roll over NOK 270 million of a debt of which DNB, Nordea, and Akastor will hold NOK 90 million each.

The merged company, AGR, will be managed by current Chief Executive Officer of AGR, Mr Svein Sollund, and aims to be a world leading provider of well management, reservoir services and software provider, ranging from consultancy services to fully outsourced drilling and rig management projects. The company’s service offering replicates that of major oil companies and covers the entire value chain from qualifications to plugging and abandonment in addition to technical training and consultancy manpower.

< Back

Latest news

2018-12-10 — Two market leaders merge
Read More
2018-12-06 — A new guard at AGR Software
Read More
© AGR. All rights reserved 2018. Norway l UK l Americas l Asia Pacific l Middle East l Africa