Jobref. id 12254
For our Client we are seeking a Petrophysicist.
Required competency (education, knowledge/experience & skills):
- B.S. in Geology, Geophysics or Petroleum Engineering
- Work history as a Petrophysicist focused on petrophysical data interpretation as well as defining formation evaluation programs.
- Willingness to live and work in Norway involving on a local Norway payroll compensation package.
- Good communications skills and networking skills
- Minimum five years of petroleum industry experience in logging technology including log acquisition, processing and interpretation.
- Broad experience with both clastic, and carbonate reservoirs particularly chalk reservoirs.
- Good awareness of the operational capabilities and limitations of the various types of logging tools and an ability to apply this awareness to the design and advocacy of cost-effective data acquisition program.
- Ability to carry out all stages of petrophysical data preparation, (data loading, depth-matching, editing, environmentally correcting, log normalization, splicing of data etc).
- A clear understanding of both conventional and special core analysis techniques. Ability to integrate all type of petrophysical data in the analysis
- A self-started with good time management skills and the ability to balance multiple projects at the same time
Preferred competency (education, knowledge/experience & skills):
- M.S. in Geology, Geophysics, or Petroleum Engineering
Job specific requirements
Assigned roles, responsibilities, procedures and other:
- Provide expert Petrophysical services for existing assets and also prospect-specific evaluations related to new License Round efforts.
- Perform systematic petrophysical studies to extract reservoir characterization information from the historical database.
- Provide input to data acquisition programs for exploration, appraisal and development wells. Accountable for defining and selecting the optimum logging suite to achieve data acquisition needs for wells.
- Assist the Subsurface and Well Operations staff in the selection and performance appraisal of data acquisition contractors.
- Perform QA/QC of petrohysical data.
- Interpret petrophysical data and document evaluations as required, (eg. final well reports).
- Mentor GGRE staff in the use of petrophysical techniques.
- Liaise with contractors, academic institutions and industrial consortia as appropriate.
Contact information< Go back