Jobref. id 15249
University Master’s degree in Geology or equivalent.
Work experience at least 5 years as Operations Geologist
• Good level in written and spoken English.
• Good communication and cooperation skills vis-à-vis internal and external interfaces.
Job specific requirements
• To prepare a data acquisition program for the well, (in a timely manner), designed to validate and improve the geological model for reservoir, hydrocarbons, seal and maturity. The data acquisition program will be input into the drilling and other programmes and applications. It will also be used in invitations to tender, studies and recommendations.
• Work together with the Exploration team to complete the Base of Well Design
• To work with well delivery team members to design a drilling program that will overcome all geological drilling hazards and deliver a complete data set as outlined by the data acquisition program in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
• To prepare the geological section in the drilling program in co-operation with the subsurface team
• Provide an estimate of costs for the AFE for all formation evaluation and geological activities during the drilling of the well and post well studies.
• To co-ordinate and monitor all geo-related operations, providing technical advice and support to offshore team members.
• Act as prime contact for Well Site Geologists, including preparational meetings and the daily contact during operation.
• Advice, inform and update the WTL and well’s team of geological horizons/features and provide input to well engineering decision making.
• To make daily updates of all relevant geological drilling data and inform Company’s management, NPS and license partners as required.
• To exercise a functional and technical monitoring of all G&G activities on the rig according to the Operations Geology Work Institution.
• To supervise functionally and technically the Wellsite Geological and other geoscientific contractors and representatives as may be required.
• To provide technical support during LWD and WL operations.
• To undertake log analysis and interpretation of LWD and WL data as it is made available from the well site
• Initiate special geosciences studies
• Digital data reporting to NPD specifications
• Verify invoices from WL activities and geological related services.
• Ensure QC of all incoming geological data, (digital and reports), by correct personnel.
• Provide a Composite log and the relevant geosciences input to the End of Well Report.
• Provide a CPI and petro physical input to the End of Well Report.
• Prepare the geological section of the End of Well Report in co-operation with the subsurface team.
• Update petro physical documentation as required based on practical experience.
• To exercise functional and technical monitoring over petro physical activities on the rig according to the WL logging manual.
• Participate in a post well review of the drilling operations with other team members to capture lessons learned.
• Update and revise existing Operations Geology Work Instruction based on post-well experience and new requirements.
• Identify, prioritise, procure and assure the quality of the well data and related services needed to fulfil the well’s goals and objectives.
• Prepare and agree a Data Acquisition Programme with the well’s geosciences team and Exploration Manager.
• Monitoring, recording, analysing and evaluation of all G&G data so that firm requirements and objectives set out in the geological section of the well drilling programme are met and kept updated as required.
• That daily reporting to firm management, partners and NPD / PSA is performed in a timely manner.
please contact firstname.lastname@example.org< Go back