Jobref. id 16237
Required competency (education, knowledge/experience & skills):
A reservoir engineering skill set commensurate with experience level. Expected skills include:
MsC in Reservoir Engineering
Familiar with Well Test Design and Analysis
Experience and use of ResACT, some experience of reservoir simulation and/or SMART, performance curve analysis, volumetrics, pressure-volume-temperature properties for fluids, material balance, formation evaluation, reserves estimating and development planning.
Basic knowledge about GeoX
Ideally have a good knowledge of geologic principles. Experience with geostatistical and geological modelling a plus.
Rapidly able to contribute to a variety of projects and work effectively under tight timelines.
Good oral and written communication skills
Preferred competency (education, knowledge/experience & skills):
5+ years of experience
Working knowledge of IOR methods
Understanding of economics
Job specific requirements
To provide reservoir engineering support to the exploration group working Norway and potential frontier areas assigned to the Norway BU
Assigned roles, responsibilities, procedures and other:
- Work closely with experienced geoscientists to evaluate the subsurface potential and to work close with facility engineering and economics to further evaluate economic merits of potential exploration prospects.
- The work assignments will vary, but will generally focus on opportunity evaluation (exploration and new venture analysis), early life cycle appraisal and development planning for existing discoveries
- The position requires strong coordination skills and involves extensive cross-functional communication as part of an integral team with conceptual facilities engineering and economics modeling.
- The position does require a good knowledge of drive mechanisms, how and when to best apply the appropriate drive mechanism, and how to plan early stage field developments, working prospects ranging from mature basins near infrastructure, to new undeveloped area
- Evaluation of, and recommending business opportunities from exploration prospects, existing discoveries, and marginal fields close to firm operated infrastructure, and redevelopment of older fields.
- Support to license round applications and bid rounds.
- Participating in business development opportunity evaluations (farm-in and farm-out), working together with BD personnel is a significant part of the job scope.
- Great opportunities for further development of technical skills, broadening of experience across the organization and management exposure
- Comfortably working in a fast-paced unstructured work environment often managing priorities for multiple projects/clients. An important part of the job is working with the various team leads, geoscientists and management to establish a workable schedule that balances needs across the department.
if you want to apply for this role, please contact email@example.com or rigmor@firstname.lastname@example.org< Go back