AGR were assigned by DEA to the drilling of a wildcat HPHT well in the central region of the Norwegian Sea. The Sverdrup project was the first well within the license block located not far from the Lofoten area.
The drilling team on the Transocean Winner rig drilled down to 5,600m TvD with a measured temperature of 201°C. Up until the time of the operations, only one well on the NCS had recorded higher temperatures. The well depth places it as the 7th deepest well drilled in the Norwegian oil and gas history.
VALUE BROUGHT TO THE CLIENT
- No available offset information within distance of 50 km
- Great geological insecurity +/- 300m
- Last minute changes of the drilling location of the well
- Well achieved its target without any discharge or spills, no recorded personnel injuries during the 152-day operational phase
- Experience and knowledge transfer using AGR's iQx software
- High HSE standards set as example for the industry